Future campus changers top of page

Click your Campus for Event Information:


To be eligible to campus change from a regional campus to the Storrs campus, a student must fulfill specific programmatic requirements for their intended major. Most students must complete 54 credits before they can campus change to Storrs. Exceptions to the 54 credit requirement are determined, again, by a student’s programmatic requirements.* A student seeking an early campus change needs to speak to a representative from the regional campus Office of Student Services to determine whether or not they qualify for a campus change before earning 54 credits.

Eligible students can campus change to Storrs for either the Fall or Spring semesters. The campus change process is not automatic. There are specific deadlines a student must meet to successfully campus change. In addition, each regional campus holds an informational meeting for students eligible to campus change.

Students participating in the regional campus housing option fall under the regular campus change criteria

Spring to Storrs:

*Students participating in the “Spring to Storrs” program fall under different guidelines. A comprehensive overview of the criteria can be found on the Admissions website here

College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR) Students

If you are student with a declared CAHNR major, please contact an Advisor in the Office of Academic Programs to discuss your campus change requirements, as the 54 credit rule may not apply.

This includes the following majors:

  • Agriculture and Natural Resources
  • Allied Health Sciences
  • Animal Science
  • Applied and Resource Economics
  • Diagnostic Genetic Sciences
  • Dietetics
  • Environmental Sciences
  • Environmental Studies
  • Exercise Science
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Medical Laboratory Sciences
  • Natural Resources
  • Nutritional Sciences
  • Pathobiology
  • Sustainable Plant and Soil Systems

College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

> Students campus changing should reach out to the Student Services Center at their regional campus about the process. Students approved for campus change will need to attend a CLAS campus change presentation hosted by Storrs Advisors on their regional campus the semester prior to their campus change. For further CLAS information, click here.  

School of Engineering Students

If you are student with a declared School of Engineering major, please contact Shoshana Armington and schedule an appointment via Nexus the semester prior to campus changing. You should also contact your assigned regional campus advisor listed on Peoplesoft. The 54 credit rule may not apply. Please note: You should consider registering for ENGR 3184, a one credit Transition Seminar Course available on the Storrs campus.

How to Apply:

Current Stamford students: Apply here (Deadline: 2/10/23)

Current Avery Point, Hartford, Storrs, and Waterbury Students: Apply here (Deadline: 2/28/23)

    • Students requesting a change from Storrs to a regional campus may apply after the deadline.

Dates and Deadlines:

Talk to your campus representative for the specific dates and deadlines that are important to your campus change application.

Tuition and Fees:

As a campus change student you will come to find that your fee bill will change, it is best to prepare ahead of time and make accommodations.

Click Here to Learn More

Storrs Campus Tour:

Thinking of moving up and haven't seen the campus yet or just want to get familiar with your potential new home? Set up a time for a campus tour, or just stop on by!

Click Here to Schedule a Campus Tour

Storrs On Campus Housing:

As a regional campus student, it is important to remember that you are a current  UConn student (and not a transfer student), and you will be treated as such. If you call the Residential Life office, please identify yourself as a Campus Change Student.

All students who are interested in living on campus must apply for housing in order to be assigned a space in a residence hall. Regional campus students switching to the Storrs campus are guaranteed housing.  Students must meet the stated deadlines and be cognizant of the new University Residency Requirement.

The staff in Housing Services can answer all of your questions about the housing application process.

Important Housing Residency Information:

Students who will be 19 or younger as of the start of the semester will be required to live on-campus as a part of the Residency Requirement. More information about the residency requirement can be found at this website.

C Change orientation

Regional Campus Meetings:

The regional campus change meetings are held each semester.  The Fall meetings are held in October; the Spring meetings in February

Spring 2023


Campus Change Info Session:

February 14, 2:00-3:30 p.m. (WREC 402)

February 16, 4:00-5:30 p.m.  (WREC 402)


Campus Change Info Session:

This will be held virtually. Please register through the NEXUS here

February 23 from 5-6pm (virtual)


Campus Change: Information can be found here!


Avery Point:

Campus Change Info Session:

February 15 12:30 - 1:25 p.m., Academic Building Auditorium (2nd floor)